AoG Pastor Changes to Sabbath and Feast Observance. Why?

Following is a terrific video of Assemblies of God Pastor Scott Hillman humbly and compassionately giving testimony of why and how he and most of his congregation began keeping Shabbat and the Feasts of the Lord.  Interestingly, after many questions and deep discussion, his denomination allowed him to stay and Hillman reveals that he is not alone.  Apparently, there are a number of AoG congregations that have begun to take all of God’s Word seriously.

He is not alone.  I have recently heard that there are more than 100 Southern Baptist Missionaries who self identify as Messianic and walk as the Messiah did, keeping Sabbath, eating clean and keeping Feasts.  I personally know several pastors, one Southern Baptist, who have made the switch in the last year.

Our Father is doing something amazing in our day.  He is bringing His people back to the fullness of Truth and causing them to question doctrines that are not rooted in Scripture, only justified with logic.  May He be praised!!

About Pete Rambo

Details in 'About' page @ natsab.wordpress.com Basically, husband of one, father of four. Pastor x 11 years, former business and military background. Micro-farmer. Messianic believer in Yeshua haMashiach!
This entry was posted in A Thought... and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

194 Responses to AoG Pastor Changes to Sabbath and Feast Observance. Why?

1. Phil says:

Wow! Thanks for putting this article together.

• Jenny says:

I am wondering how does The infilling with the Holy Spirit, speaking in other tongues fit in this. I’ve watched family members as they have made this transition, hours of watching Michael Rood and 119 Ministries, you know I just see it as rabbit trails, unless the Power is there to deliver and heal. I dont eat the “unclean” I do go to church on Sun, I work nursery ect and treat it as a day of rest, I accept the feasts as a reality, yet don’t celebrate em. I have in the past w/ a Messianic church, i just didnt like the drunkeness at passover. and it got kinda grey in some areas. I just want to know how do Holy Spirit, gifts of the Spirit and all fit in. thx not getting any transparent answers from others.their way or no way.

• Pete Rambo says:

Jenny,

Shalom and welcome,

First, I have to say, drunkenness makes my heart sad. I’ve never seen it in any of the circles I have been in. We celebrate, but Scripture expressly forbids being drunk.

As to the Presence and gifts of the Spirit, our Elohim prefers a clean an obedient Temple. In Christendom, I would say, we kept 70% +/- of the Torah, but our Father promises life abundant and blessings when we obey. My experience since ‘crossing over,’ that’s what ‘Hebrew’ means, is more life and more blessings.

It is interesting that as people make the transition, they tend to go through several stages/phases. Unfortunately, some get stuck in one phase or another and do not proceed to maturity. I would see those stages as:

-Anger : Many begin with shock and anger when they realize they have not been told the truth on many things. Feeling duped, they can be angry at religion, pastors, the system, etc. I was. This is a legitimate and necessary stage, but one that needs to be outgrown quickly.

-Issue Specific/everything is bad : As they begin learning, they may focus on a specific issue. They’ll hammer the Sabbath, or paganism in various Christian holidays, or…. Again, this is a necessary stage of growth, but can be maddening to those around because a person can sound like a broken record… Like Anger, this can be a quite UNloving stage, though most don’t mean it to be. They are just excited and want to share what they are learning, but haven’t learned enough to relax and let the Spirit lead.

-Torah, Torah, Torah : Next, having had little feeding from the Word of the “old” testament, they binge on it and the deep well spring of knowledge and foundation to the NT. They eat ‘only’ Torah like a famished man pulling up to a table of food. Again, necessary, to bring wholeness to an otherwise lopsided faith system. But, to the outsider looking in, it appears that person has gone overboard in knowledge and in Torah, losing the Spirit. Many get stuck right here and don’t understand that Abba wants us to keep growing and put all the pieces together.

-Walking it out : This where we should get to. Walking as the Apostles in the NT. They lived Torah and exhibited the gifts of the Spirit in fullness. (Not that the Spirit wasn’t present from Creation…). At this stage of maturity, the person relaxes, walks in the Spirit, understands and is obedient to God’s Instructions in Righteousness. This is also the stage where most really begin to understand life in Messiah and the place/role/Person of Yeshua. this is where we all need to get.

I do hope that helps you understand and I am happy to answer questions.

I bless you, and pray you search a little more and not let a few poor or immature example taint your understanding of what it means to fully experience and teach/preach the Whole Counsel.

Shalom.

Liked by 2 people

• Marshall Howard says:

Republicans are splitting the party on how to get to the White House and will lose.
        Christians are acting like there is only one path to Heaven and will surely lose their way.

• MARY says:

THIS IS THE END TIME REVIVAL BY THE RUACH. PRAISE YAHWEH YESHUA

2. Phil says:

I worked with several AOG pastors (mil chaplains) over the years. There are good genuine men (and women) in that org. I have family plugged into an AOG congregation whose eyes have been opened to the Truth wrestling with whether they should remain so this hits home so to speak. (On a lighter note – this guy in the video (pastor) by the size of his arms – could have overturned the tables of those 12 men questioning him for sure! This pastor is a recovered body builder I am thinking!:-)

3. pedro batacan joaquin says:

Go go go Pastor share the TRUTH. Hallelu Yah and Shalom to all!!!!

4. Dale Owens says:

I spent many years in the AOG, When we left, I was head deacon and adult Bible teacher (and filled the pulpit many times. My wife was SS supt and Sec/treasurer, so I know their doctrine very well. All of my children and grandchildren are still in it.There is much hurt feelings because of it. If i can be of any help, feel free to contact me at daleowens@northlc.com

5. Dale Owens says:

Having just listened to Pastor Scott’s testimony, my heart goes out to him as I also came out the AG church. We currently send out a weekly Bible lesson via email, and today’s lesson was on (I Cor. 3:16) and (I Cor. 6:19-20) and how we compare with the Temple—the “candle stick”— the “table of show-bread “—the “golden altar of incense” and finally the “Holy of Holies” With your permission i would like to put this lesson in Pastor Scott’s hands. If you would pm me a email address, we would be honored to send it for your perusing and then if you approve, maybe you could get it to him…Shabbat Shalom, Pastor Dale.

• Pete Rambo says:

Dale,

Blessings and shalom,

I do not know Dale personally and do not have contact info. You could do a web search for AoG churches in Tennessee and Scott Hillman.

As a ‘recovering pastor’ myself, I know he did not make the move lightly or uninformed. Guessing he has good support and mentorship now.

Exciting days!

6. Andelé says:

Amein!!! Yahweh our King !!

7. Ayne Sherck Nixon says:

I am very much interested in finding an AoG anywhere near us who as made this switch. We are in Hammond, Louisiana…and feel completely alone here.

8. Eddie Gaytan says:

That is so Awesone HalleluYah!!! It is and awesome testimonie.. 😊🙏🏼👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

9. Julie says:

Praise our Heavenly Father, teach the truth brother!! May Abba bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace, in the name of the Prince of all Peace Yeshua HaMaschiach!! 🙌
    Our Heavenly Father is moving so amazingly among His people and causing them to ‘know’ Him and causing them to walk in His Ways, His laws, His truth, His instructions.. Just as Ezekiel 36:26 tells us the Holy Spirit will do. It’s just SO amazing to see this happening and to be a part of this. To know each if us has a very similar testimony, is a testimony in and of itself. We were all challenged, our beliefs were challenged from within not from the outside. The Ruach Hakodesh spoke to us.. And led us and guided us into all truth. Walking in His Ways is a delight and brings so much more completed joy, and shalom. The fruit of the spirit becomes tangible when we’re walking in the spirit and the Law is not carnal, it’s not of the flesh,.. It’s not possible to just do it in our flesh, it’s given by the spirit, through the Ruach.. And our Messiah reveals Himself to us so beautifully when we walk in the spirit. We know Him on a level we’ve never known before.. And it isn’t something mystical. It’s the same way that the believers before us, knew Him, it’s the same way Abraham knew Him. Read through psalm 119,and we see how King David spoke about the Father’s laws ..and now we can truly relate to how he felt. He was a man after God’s own heart and so are those He has called back to His Torah. Years ago, the Ruach prompted me to pray for the truth with tears, after reading 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 and slowly but surely He began to show me that the ways if the churches was not His way. And then He showed me His ways, His Sabbaths, His dietary laws, His instructions on how He wants us to worship Him in spirit and in truth. He is truly amazing and is speaking to His children and they are hearing Him. HALLELUYAH! 🙌

• Dale Owens says:

Yes, it is truly amazing how ruach haKodesh is moving on hearts that we thought were made of stone and more amazing that we are allowed to be a part of it. We are training here to be “priests” onto Yahusha in the Kingdom.

10. Rick Dupperon says:

How encouraging to see this happening all over the world. Praise Abba !

11. K. Gallagher says:

Reblogged this on GRACE in TORAH and commented:
    This is worth twenty minutes of your time. Watch how an Assemblies of God minister in TN started keeping the Sabbath and Feast Days and then moved his congregation to do the same. Baruch HaShem!

Liked by 1 person

12. My husband and I both grew up in the AofG and he was licensed with the AofG for about 8 years while ministering as choir director and traveling to minister to churches in Louisiana, Texas and Florida. About 10 years ago, while researching his family ancestry, he was shocked to find out that he was Jewish. He visited a Messianic congregation and felt that God was calling him in that direction. He started working toward getting his credentials as a Messianic Rabbi and now leads a congregation in Katy, Texas, (Tree of Life Houston.com), as well as a Torah Study class on Sunday nights from 7-8 which can be heard live or listened to on Facebook for the recordings of past lessons. His Torah Study has people listening from several countries all over the world, including Iran, Indonesia and Pakistan. I believe God is bringing people to have a have a hunger for His word, not just tradition which is man made. We have found that having an understanding of Hebrew and the Hebrew culture in which the Torah (Bible) was written is invaluable to having a greater understanding and interpretation of the scriptures. You might ask, what difference does it make whether you worship on Saturday or on Sunday as long as you worship? The difference is that God commanded us to honor His Sabbath on the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Every parent loves his children whether they obey or not, but disobedience does not reap the same rewards as honor and obedience, and our Heavenly father is no different. You don’t have to read very far into the scriptures to find consequences of disobedience. Messianic Rabbis are not hell fire and brimstone preachers, but they are teachers of God’s unvarnished word.

Liked by 2 people

13. franci visser says:

Just awsome! YalleluYAH! ABBA FATHER’S RUACH HA’QODESH is waking people up. Ezekiel 37 It is coming in fulfillment right in front of our eyes.. The dead bones coming alive.. The two sticks Ephraim and Judah will be one stick in YAHUAH hand! It is happening… The awakening train is here… I am so excited.. All esteem to YAHUAH through YAHUSHA ha’Mashiah! “Father let Your RUACH HA’QODESH blow through the hole earth” .. It will be like that!
    🙌🙌

14. Webmaster says:

We, too, keep the Sabbath and the Holy Days and teach the Bible rather the traditions of men. Here is the link to our Website which has hundreds of articles. Thanks for posting this man’s testimony, he is an example of courage to do what the Father has shown him. We need more followers of Christ who have the humilitiy to change when they see they have been wrong and even teaching wrong.

Constance

15. Lew White says:

The meaning of each appointed-time is a precious insight about Yahusha redeeming His bride.
    Google Yahusha + redemption + plan

16. Thomas Wood says:

So what are you saying? Christians must follow every jot and tittle of the Torah?

• Pete Rambo says:

I didn’t say that, Yeshua did.

17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

He also said,

(John 7:16) So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching/doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

What did Jesus DO? That is what we ought to be doing. 1 Jn 2:3-6

Shalom.

17. I would return to the AoG church if I could find one here in San Diego, Ca. that was or has done this. I began keeping Sabbath in 2004, but I don’t have a church.

18. Pingback: Interview with AoG Pastor – For Such A Time As This

19. I will return to the AoG church if I can find one here in San Diego, Ca. that has or is in the process of doing this. I have kept Sabbath since 2004. I’ve been looking for a church.

20. Ebed says:

Excerpt From the destruction of the Second Temple on 8/4/70 until
    The Ten Most Intense Atlantic Hurricanes @ TheTimesOfTheNations net
    info com and org & ChristianForums com

5) ‘Allen’ – 899 millibars 8/7/1980

697618
    days /31102 verses ~ 13374th vs. Job 21:18 They are as stubble before
    the WIND, and as chaff that the STORM carrieth away.

(This hurricane stayed at category 5 longer than any hurricane in recorded
    history. It’s wind strength was matched only by Camille, which also had
    sustained winds of 190 MPH)

E. 4008th vs. Num 10:19
    And over the host of the tribe of the children of Simeon(heard) was
    Shelumiel(friend of EL) the son of Zurishaddai(my rock is Almighty)

6) ‘Camille’ – 900 millibars 8/17/1969

693610/31102
    ~ 9366th vs. 1Ki 18:24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will
    call on the name of YAHUWAH: and HaElohiym that answereth by Fire, let
    Him be HaElohiym. And all the people answered and said, It is well
    spoken.

Fires consumed coastal communities, with the exceptions of Bay St. Louis and Waveland.

F. 13160th vs. Job 13:6 Hear now my reasoning, and hearken to the pleadings of my lips.

7) ‘Katrina’ – 902 millibars

8/28/2005_706770/31102 ~ 22526th vs. Oba 1:15
    For the day of YAHUWAH is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done,
    it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own
    head.

Katrina hit the USA on the day that the Jewish people who were removed
    from their homes in the Gaza, were forbidden to return… a plan of the
    usa

21. Please recommend http://www.YAIY.org to him for interesting Bible study materials that will continually help further educating, enlightening and strengthening him and those with him in his new resolve for truth.

22. David says:

Wonder if they kill and offer the blood sacrifices also that’s part of the law also!

• Pete Rambo says:

Shalom, David.

If you knew your Bible you would know that God specifically says sacrifice is only to be made at the Temple by the priesthood, neither of which exist at this time.

Ezekiel 43 and 44 clearly tell us that in the future, sacrifice will be reinstituted under watchful eye of the Prince. See also Zechariah 14:16-22. Or, search this blog for Sacrifices in the Millennial Kingdom.
      Christendom ignores verses like Hebrews 8:4 that tells us 20 years after Messiah the offerings were lawful. Or, verses like Acts 21:17-26 wherein Paul not only offers sacrifice, but pays for four others to do the same.

Is he a hypocrite or have we wrongly interpreted him? Time to read what the Word says instead of relying on man’s traditions.

Blessings.

23. AMAZING…… G-d is calling HIS people to truth of the WHOLE BIBLE. and not the doctrine of man. If you are questioning what was said. Before reading your Bible, pray that you bind up the doctrines that you have been taught. Pray that G-d will show you HIS truth through the HIS word. Pray to have eyes to see and ears to hear. Have a willing heart for HIS truth!! We are meant to be Christ like. He followed the feast, and kept the true Sabbath. HE cane to do the will of the Father, G-d/ He didn’t look like the world! How exciting to see peoples hearts opening to HIS truth. Here is a great site with t some depth of teaching, Have your Bible and nottebook ready. http://www.jewishprophet.com
    . Deut 29. Psalms 119, Ezekiel 37 :15-end. WE are all hear for such a time as this .. He has great things planned for HIS people who seek HIS truth…
    Have a blessed day.

Shalom,

24. Karen Barber says:

Thank you 1000 times 1000! Please keep on preaching this message! Is there anyone who could come to Michigan to bring this truth to congregations here?

25. Pingback: A Powerful Testimony | ancient path living

26. Tom Johnson says:

About 7 years ago I discovered I was Jewish after being raise din the main line churches. I begin attend a Messianic Synagogue in Indy. i do the Feast, I practice Kosher, Saturday is the Sabbath, and we respond to it accordingly. My relationship with our G-d has totally changed. We have visited several Protestant Churches talking about the feast and G-d’s instructions. Alas smiles and rejection. Called and threatened by the KKK. so on the right track. My our G-d bless you as you work.

27. Mike Brock says:

The danger is to get into legalism which sounds like this (his words): “I did not even know the truth. I thought I did. After many years of ministry and following God, I really was not and did not know God.”
    The Truth is not the Law!
    The Truth that sets us free is that Jesus Christ died for me and my sins.

There are things that we can do that allow us to feel closer to God and better about ourselves…stopping certain actions or taking time to focus on God, whether it is on Saturday or Sunday, Easter or the Passover. The danger is always in thinking that it is our actions that bring us closer to Him, rather than His Action that He already took.

So, according to this pastor, he did not know God in all the years before. That is what legalism looks and feels like to others, whether it is Joseph Smith, the Catholics, or others, it say’s, “If you really wanted to know God you would do this.”

My faith is in The Cross, not the Cross plus something else, and certainly not my ability to keep laws or the Feasts.

Paul warns us to put no confidence in the flesh, and he is referring to his own legalistic practices:
    “Watch out for those dogs, those men who do evil, those mutilators of the flesh. For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh – though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, in regard to the law, a Pharisee, as for zeal, persecuting the church, as for legalistic righteousness, faultless. But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ – the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.”

Are we leading people into the righteousness that comes from obeying the laws, or putting our faith in what Jesus did.

I am a recovering legalist. I could brag much like Paul in the things that I did or did not do for twenty years. I would compare myself to anyone as far as living a holy life-style. Did some of those things help me feel closer to God? Yes. Did I think I was better than others? Yes. Did I think that the favor I had was because I was acting righteously? Yes. Did I think that bad things would happen if I disobeyed? Yes.
    It is hard not to. That is our nature.
    I had a lot of confidence in the flesh.
    It took a lot of breaking of me in a long season of things not working out like I thought they would. I spent many long nights crying out to God and asking Him “Why?” while pointing out all the reasons why this was not fair.
    True to His character, He answered me. He answered me by giving me a glimpse of His holiness, His righteousness, and His faithfulness, which quickly revealed my unfaithfulness. I was then able to see how my righteousness really is “as filthy rags”.
    And in that moment, when He had my undivided attention and all of my faith, He did not talk to me about keeping the Sabbath or the Feasts.
    He blesses us because He is good. He loves us because He is faithful.
    If you put faith in anything else, I pity the day that He shows you what He showed me. If that should happen, I pray that He also shows you His mercy and grace that comes through faith in Jesus and what He did for us. How glorious and freeing it is not have to put an ounce of confidence in my flesh!
    I will tell you what one pastor told me one day that set me free, which is probably what Jesus showed Saul when he knocked him off of his high horse, “Son you are way too big in this equation!”

• Pete Rambo says:

Mike,

Shalom and welcome.

Keeping the Torah is neither legalism or bondage. That is a lie from the pit. Scripture says,

Psalm 119:44-46
      So I will keep Your Torah continually,
      Forever and ever.
      And I will walk at liberty,
      For I seek Your precepts.
      I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings
      And shall not be ashamed.

Psalm 119:1 How blessed are those whose way is blameless,
      who walk in the Torah of YHVH.

Psalm 19:7ff The Torah of YHVH is perfect, restoring the soul…in keeping them is GREAT reward.

Deuteronomy 6:24-25 So YHVH commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear YHVH our God for our good always and for our survival as it is today. It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before YHVH our God, just as He commanded.

I recommend this article: Was Jesus on Mt. Sinai? Does it Matter?

Lastly, I would remind you that it is the Torah that will be written on our hearts… Jeremiah 31:33

You have some studying to do. 😉

Blessings.

• gideon981 says:

Mike Brock, I agree with you whole-heartedly.

28. Jeffrey Dykr says:

My question is this the law was set for the Jews/Hebrews not for the gentile. We talk of conversion and becoming a messianic. But what does that really mean. Paul after becoming a Christian never again called himself a jew. He actually said though I am a Hebrew I am a Christian. After he became a Christian he was a Christian and a Hebrew not a jew or messianic jew. He also said in Romans that the law is good but that the law was put in place for the punishment for sin. He said that Jesus was the final blood sacrifice for sin and that his blood paid for the sin that the law was set in place for therfore as a Christian we are no longer under the law but grace. Simplified of course. So these churches are saying that it’s time to follow all of the bible. So what about Romans, or most important Revelations. In Revelations 2 and three as God is talking to the 7 churches (in which God did not find fault in only 1 of the 7) he said to 2 churches I KNOW THOSE THAT SAY THEY ARE A JEW BUT ARE NOT. THEY ARE THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN. He said this twice in only two chapters. Is this not very important especially in the 2nd and third chapter. I love and respect the Jewish people and Israel but if you are a gentile or your Jewish bloodline was not continued you are not a jew nor is there a conversion. This is biblical. Understanding the Jewish beliefs and culture is very important but be wary there is a reason God put this in the bible. First time in history Christian Church’s have chosen that they need to convert. This is fulfilling prophecy and can’t and wont be stoped but I personally don’t want to be a part of the synagogue of satan. And for those who would ask why then did Jesus keep the law? Well until he was on the cross and paid for the atonement of sin he would follow the law since it would be his blood that gave us grace

• Pete Rambo says:

Jeffrey,

Shalom and welcome.
      I’d like to address a few things you said…

My question is this the law was set for the Jews/Hebrews not for the gentile.

Scripture says (Numbers 15:15-16) 15 As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the alien who sojourns with you, a perpetual statute throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the alien be before the Lord. 16 There is to be one law and one ordinance for you and for the alien who sojourns with you.’” This is echoed in multiple places.

Acts 15:21, the Gentiles coming into the faith were to a) learn Moses (Torah), b) in the synagogue, c) on the Sabbath. They were not to go start some newfangled religion!!

Paul after becoming a Christian never again called himself a jew.

I recommend The Apostle Paul was NOT a Christian!!

In Acts 21:39,and 22:3 Paul says, “I AM a Jew…” Not, I was a Jew… Therefore your statement is patently false.

He actually said though I am a Hebrew I am a Christian.

Again, patently false. I drop you $100 if you can show me that quote! What he did say in Acts 23:6 is, “I AM a Pharisee….”

False again. Acts 24:14 quotes Paul as saying, “But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect (of Judaism), I do serve the God of our fathers, believing EVERYTHING that is in accordance with the Torah and that is written in the Prophets…”

Wrong again. Romans 3:31 says, “Do we then nullify the Torah through faith? May it never be!! On the contrary, we establish the Torah.”

Brother, I can keep going, but suffice it to say that I recommend you put down the filters of man-made doctrine and begin to read the Bible for yourself.

Shalom.

• paulusromanus says:

Jeffrey, If Paul was a christian can you explain this verse please? “Act 24:5 “For having found this man a plague, who stirs up dissension among all the Yehuḏim throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Natsarenes,” …Why Paul is called “a ringleader of the sect of the Natsarenes” and not “a ringleader of the sect of the christians”? Is in your Bible too that verse so you can’t claim is my invention, just look for it and read it carefully please.

29. Dave Clark says:

I was shown much the same truth starting in 2002. After 10 years of personal study on the subject, I finally decided I had to write my first book. If you’re interested, you can find my book on Amazon.com for a nominal price considering the size of the book. Search for “The Truth About the Law of God” by Dave Clark. I wish I could let Pastor Hillman know about this book, too.

30. R Potterton says:

I wonder how you find Sabbath on a pagan calendar? Maybe we should go back to our Creators calendar. ….

31. Ro Pinto says:

Awesome, Pete! I attend Temple Aron haKodesh. We turned 40 this month. Our start was an outreach of the AoG to the Jews, led by Rabbi Neil Lash.

Abba certainly is doing something!

32. Steven says:

I grew up as a Baptist, and God led me to these same truths about 12 years ago. I’m now a member of the United Church of God which is a centralized organization with about 400 congregations throughout the world. Their teachings are very similar to those of the Hebrew Roots movement. The biggest differences, as far as I can tell, are organizational and cultural rather than doctrinal: the congregations are all formally affiliated, and they typically use English rather than transliterated Hebrew words to describe things (for example, we say Holy Spirit instead of Ruach HaKodesh, or the Law instead of the Torah).

It’s encouraging to see so many people, through various instruments, being led to the true Way of our God!

• Pete Rambo says:

Steven

Blessings and thank you for that info. I recommend every person seek the Father and see where they fit. Home fellowships are my preference. Every group/fellowship/congregation has its own ‘personality’ and there is no ‘one size fits all.’

33. victor says:

i atend and AoG congragation for nearly 14 years, yet im shwon because i have seen the doctrines and have not support them, so even i have been studying the Torah since i accepted Yeshua as my lord and master, im not allowed to partake of any teacing or being helpful in any way, but, i remain there that i may otherwise keep peace at home.. its been a hard endeaver but, i must be obedient to the oath of matrimony. any ideas? am i wrong? yet i proclaime the torah as the only Word, and abide by it as i travel thru life, i know the God of the Heavens and Eath will vindicate me before men. but i will not be stop in my studies.

• Pete Rambo says:

Blessings, brother.

I know of many who see this before their spouse and it can be difficult.

I recommend walking in peace. Say less, but grow in righteousness.

Pray. A lot.

You may be vindicated, you may not… But, the Father sees!

May YHVH bless you!

34. jon says:

Maybe I’m too simple, but I believe walking in the Love of God is keeping the Torah.

• Pete Rambo says:

jon,

Shalom and blessings,

Yes and no… God defines what love looks like and what love does. Understanding ancient covenant language, loyalty and love are synonymous. and, loyalty is obedience.

So, if we love Him, then we keep His commandments. If we love Him we avoid the things that He calls detestable. We meet with Him on the days He set aside… etc.

The Torah isn’t a list of rules, it is His ‘love language.’ If we want to show Him love, we learn His instructions and be obedient.

I pray that challenges you to ask God how HE wants to be loved, then go read Deuteronomy…. and, Psalm 119.

Blessings in Yeshua.

35. Nicole says:

Would really love to share this, but honestly the subtitles prevented me. 😦 They are just sooooo off. Any way that can be fixed?

36. Louis du Toit says:

I have been doing this for the last about 25 years and it has become an integral part of my life and it is just a great blessing.

37. Lisa says:

The guy doing the interview said it wrong when he asked the Pastor about him changing worship to the Sabbath day. He said, quote; “Jewish Sabbath.”
    The Sabbath was made for man, not for the Jews. No where in the word of God will you find the Sabbath being made for the Jews.

Liked by 1 person

38. Wow!!! Pastor Hillman’s testimony is extremely similar to my congregation’s testimony of making the transition to the Ancient Paths, following the ways of YHVH and celebrating His holy-days!!!

Pastor Hillman: I thank you for sharing. Please contact us (Associate Pastors of The Oasis Life Center, Lancaster, California) SSTAPLETON7777@GMAIL.COM . Our Father is doing His things in the earth, may He be lifted high.

39. Tommy Wilson says:

I spent 26 years in a similar AG church from the early age of 23. It’s where I learned some wonderful truths, have great memories and matured spiritually. Some things even had a little Hebraic flavor to it. However, when I knew in my heart there was still something missing and didn’t know what to do or where to go, I ended up being a prodigal son for 5 years before I came back. Praise Yah for rescuing me out of the wilderness and bringing me home!! My heart is rejoicing for this man and others like him who are discovering more truth and acting on it!

40. ELI MAFUTA KIBEKE says:

Just amazing am realy blessed to come accross. toda raba. Dr. Eli Mafuta Kibeke.

41. Pingback: Scott Hillman teaching videos | natsab

42. I have not belonged to any denominational church in years.
    The truth s, they all are not totally correct in their teachings,
    nor are they totally wrong. I will only visit churches which adhere
    to Gods laws, and His holy days. I do enjoy discussing Gods word with any Messianic Jew. However it seems we only have a difficulty when calling upon Gods, and the Messiahs name.

43. Pingback: Sukkot Update | prodigalministries

44. Marlene Churchill says:

Thrilled to read Scott’s testimony. I, an A/G pastors’ wife for 35 years. Husband passed away, then in a Bible Study challenged to study about the Sabbath, and the Festivals. Wow, my life changed! Went to Israel for Feast of Tab. again, “why haven’t we been doing this?” We both graduated from CBI at the time. I wonder now when all we did for “history” of the Bible was a class in “Church History.” HELLO! We are young, so what do we know, to even question that there was life and history before the “church.” As I step by step studied, the Ruach (Holy Spirit) showing me the 4th Com. to be Saturday, those appointed times in Lev. 23, His appointed times to meet with us, Sabbath being the First, Scripture after scripture began to open up as never before. I found it and still do, to be a honeymoon that doesn’t go away. I thought I knew something to discover I had to start all over again. Did I have Salvation by Grace alone? even more so now in my understanding, did I still believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? yes, even more so that the Jews were the first Pentecostals!! And the First Pentecost was Shavuot at Mt. Sinai. These are not taught exclusively in the writings of the Apostles because at that time there was no N. T. (as we called it) but they were all familiar with the Festivals and did not need any teachings on them, but they are referred to over and over. We just could not recognize them with our Greek lenses. I, like Scott eventually had to completely “cross over.” There’s no “mixture” with Yahweh! There’s so much to share, but not enough room. I want to close with these Scriptures: Galatians 3:29 “If you are of Messiah (Yeshua), then you are seed of Abraham, and heirs according to the promise; “…..in the day of distress(are we not living in that today?) Jer. 16:29 the gentiles shall come to you from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited lies, furtiity, and there is no value in them.” and Zeck. 8:22,23 “And many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek Yahweh of hosts in Yerushlayim, and to pray before Yahweh. Thus said Yahweh of hosts , “In those days ten men from all languages of the nations shall take hold of the edge of the garment of a man, a Jew, saying “let us go with you for we have heard that Elohim is with you.” THAT’S US IN THESE LAST DAYS. HE’S COMING SOON AND CALLING US HOME!. Shalom

45. Pingback: Please pray for Scott Hillman!! Details… | natsab

46. Pingback: Update on Scott Hillman and some thoughts… | natsab

47. Cristina says:

Can I get help finding a church in San Antonio Texas?

48. Lenora Hoag says:

We have been praying for our former AOG pastor as well as several other pastors in our town that we have witnessed to concerning all of the Word. It has been a little over 3 years since my husband and I realized that we ARE to WALK as our Messiah walked and not as man has twisted and that we have inherited.Our Heavenly Father picks HIS timing to reveal and we must be ever searching for Him, His Truth with “fearful”, humble, teachable hearts.

49. Susan says:

In the past, I had nearly been convinced to keep Sabbath. I think the appearance of the word “UNTIL” in both verses Matthew 11:13 and Luke 16:16 convince me that it’s unnecessary, in addition to the support given in Acts chapter 18.
    If we believe that Jesus is the son of God, that he died to pay the price for our sins and rose again, we will be saved.
    The indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the production of spiritual fruit show that the work of Jesus on the cross is complete and that complete salvation is received by grace through faith.

• Pete Rambo says:

Susan,

Shalom and welcome.

The “old testament” is quite full of future prophecy. Lots and lots of future prophecy. NONE of that ended with John. And, neither did God’s Word concerning what righteousness looks like. Consider Exodus 31: 16-17.

So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.’ 17 It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed.”

Simply, there is not a single verse anywhere in Scripture wherein God changes the Sabbath day or brings it to an end. Only man made tradition (and the Catholic Church) claim authority to have changed it. I would kindly recommend the articles in the section on ‘Sabbath’ on this page.

Regarding Acts 18, and the rest of Acts for that matter, Paul only ever taught on the Sabbath. There is not a single verse to the contrary. Acts 18:4 is an example: The Jews and the Greeks were taught on the Sabbath. v. 18 he is keeping a Nazarite vow. Most places Paul is accused of teaching against the Law we are expressly told the accusers are false: See 21:20-26; :13-14; 25:7-8, 11; 28:17-17… just like Stephen, 6:13-14, and Yeshua…. etc.

The book of Acts evidences over and over, Paul only taught and kept Torah! See 1 Cor. 11:1.

Blessings.

• Dave says:

Susan,

I don’t disagree with anything you said. But that has *nothing* to do with keeping God’s Law. Jesus said that if we love Him then we will keep his commands, words, and sayings and that these commands, words, and sayings are the same as His Father’s (John 14:15-24).

>> …and that complete salvation is received by grace through faith.

Yep, keeping God’s Sabbath has *nothing* to do with salvation. It is all about a true love of the Saviour. Note that *noone* will be saved who does not do the Father’s Will. Jesus said it — not me (Matthew 7:21). But, I do believe it. So, I also agree that salvation is God’s Gift through Faith and not of [selfish] works lest Man might boast. Still, those who will be saved are only those who desire to do the Father’s Will. Why do they desire it? Not to *be* saved — but because they *are* saved.

Sincerely,
      Dave

• gideon981 says:

Susan, you are perfectly correct. The Law has found its fulfilment in Jesus Christ. He is the end of the Law. Read Gal.3, especially vv.10 and onwards, and also the beginning of Gal.4. See also my reply to Pete Rambo and also Leonora (hoping that it passes moderation.

• Pete Rambo says:

Susan,

Gideon misinterprets ‘pleroo’ as ‘end’ rather than the correct understanding that He is the ‘goal’ of the Law. He does not understand that if we imitate the Messiah (1 Cor. 11:1), we will keep the Torah as He did.

Gideon, I recommend my series dealing with Galatians. I cover pedagogue and well as ‘under the Law’ and why Paul actually wrote this letter. I recommend this whole series, but starting at part 16 will give you the whole picture of Paul and bring clarity to all of his writings.

Please Share Your Thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s