***READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THIS PAGE. Your opinion does not matter, only the everlasting, unchanging Word of the Everlasting Unchanging God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
You have been warned.
Please pray with me the following…
Abba Father, I ask for YOU, our gentle Shepherd, to guide and instruct by Your Ruach (Holy Spirit) all who proceed beyond this point. Bring correction, conviction, comfort and healing through this bumpy ride of challenging the idol of certain paradigms. May You work in us to restore kol Israel according to YOUR everlasting and unchanging WORD.
B’shem Yeshua Meshichaynu, Amein!
And, a reminder that the Word does teach some hard things and there are those who turn back. Be not one of them….
John 6:60 & 66 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? ….. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
When I originally began this blog in January 2013, I did so because the Father had been teaching me a number of things from His Word that Christendom did not believe. For the last five and a half years, I have written, and will continue to write on the main blog, about those things. I had prayed one of those seemingly innocuous prayers at my desk saying, “God, I just want to know truth. I don’t care what it costs.”
Well, this blog is the result of that because the truths He taught cost my family and me a great deal. Most friends and much family abandoned us as we began to keep the Seventh-day Sabbath, the Feasts of the Lord and eat a Biblically clean diet. I was pretty quickly kicked out of the pulpit I was pastoring and almost all of the network of fellowship we had enjoyed for years evaporated. Over time, the Father replaced all of those relationships with near and dear friends and new family who the Father also challenged in a similar journey.
Over the years, the Father has continued to teach me truth from His Word, often very uncomfortable truth because it is so radically opposed to the religious systems of today.
Over the course of the last four years, He has challenged me repeatedly to study and understand His ways regarding marriage and the Biblical family. What does HE think and teach in His Word? Along the way I have spent countless hours reading not only His Word, but digging into church history, Greek and Roman history as well as reading the books and writings of numerous contemporaries who have been similarly challenged by our Father. I have spent time with many Godly people who walk in the ways of the King and counter to the cultural ideas of ‘Christian marriage.’
While I am not going to spell out my conclusions, I will share a number of quality resources. I will also state very clearly that when Christians fight for “traditional marriage” it is because most do not understand or do not care to understand “Biblical marriage.” (When they say ‘traditional marriage’ they KNOW it is tradition!) The really sad part is that there are many pastors and Christian leaders that do know the truths that follow, but out of fear – fear of their wives, fear of men, fear of loss of income or fear of losing their position and influence – they will never have the spine to stand for the truth of what God’s Word actually teaches. They will be held accountable!!
I do not think myself fearless. Indeed, daring to post this is fear inducing, but I prefer truth over the accolades of men. I desire the total restoration of God’s People and His Ways and am willing to pay the price. If “friends” separate over this truth, then they were simply fair-weather, only they now carry the guilt of judging God, His Word, His prophets and patriarchs as well as His people. Learning and knowing what follows requires acceptance of God’s truth and all who walk in it even if you personally are never called to the fullness of what Scripture allows.
The first two articles I wrote as I was learning and processing Biblical marriage led to a considerable amount of consternation and backlash. While I know and understand more today than at that time, I fully support and expand on what I have written. Those articles are:
The bottom-line, as shared in those two simple articles, is that it is acceptable before God for a man to have more than one wife. Yep, you read that correctly. Scripture clearly teaches that it is acceptable for a man to have more than one wife. Period. Full stop.
Before adding crazy comments and sharing what you don’t know from Scripture, you need to read and process a number of the articles and resources presented. Inflammatory or wild-eyed knee-jerk comments will simply be deleted and you risk being blocked from posting on this site.
I, along with my family, have already paid the lion’s share of the price for trusting the Word of God over the traditions of men. This is a gut-wrenching paradigm-shift that will test you with a fire that is entirely unknown to all but the most persecuted. Still, truth is TRUTH. I dare not shrink back.
Here are a number of resources worthy of your time to understand God’s Word. I have written or influenced NONE of these. They are here to demonstrate that I am not crazy and that the Father is doing something in our day! Further, they articulate from various perspectives, both genders, laypersons as well as seminary professors that God’s Word has not changed!
Again, I pray,
Abba Father, I ask for YOU, our gentle Shepherd to guide and instruct by Your Ruach (Holy Spirit) all who proceed beyond this point. Bring correction, conviction, comfort and healing through this bumpy ride of challenging the idol of certain paradigms. May You work in us to restore kol Israel according to YOUR everlasting and unchanging WORD.
B’shem Yeshua Meshichaynu, Amein!
Now, put your big boy/girl undies on, buckle your seatbelt and begin to read. The first four are free online resources that I have saved to my blog for you to read, print, process or even pass along. The fifth is available at bible.org, all remaining links are to books except the very last.
- Solid and well articulated 47 page response to some religious leaders in her group that spoke against God’s Word. Highly recommended. Lay-person. Ignore a few spelling and grammatical errors.
- Short 12 page paper that is a concise presentation, however does not delve into some of the concerns or false counter arguments.
- Recently improved and updated, this very well articulated 51 page paper goes verse by verse through Scripture demonstrating the Truth of God’s Word. The authors share some of their personal story as well as benefits of this Biblical lifestyle. Very highly recommended.
- Excellent general article on marriage from Scripture. Samuel Dennis does a fine job of addressing multiple related topics in short fashion laying a foundation for further study. He has a section on divorce, remarriage and concubines. The reader will be much better prepared to understand Scripture after reading this 20 page offer.
- Short 7 page paper addressing some concerns and pointing to unassailable truth from Scripture.
- The 14th appendix from The Rev. William F. Luck, Sr.’s book Divorce and Remarriage; Recovering the Biblical View (Harper & Row). He is a former Professor of Bible and Theology at the Moody Bible Institute. He earned a MA in Philosophy of Religion at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He earned an MDiv (and post-graduate work in historical theology) at McCormick Theological Seminary. After working for several years with Probe Ministries of Dallas, lecturing on major university campuses around the country, He was invited to teach at Moody where, for over a decade, he taught Bible and theology, including apologetics, Biblical ethics, Church history and the history of Christian thought. Credentials continued here…
- Excellent book, 20 years in the making, that is extremely well researched with dozens of citations in each chapter proving the Great Omission of Christendom: Abandonment of the Biblical Family. Pilkington candidly exposes the utter disregard the Church has had for women and their care according to Biblical provision. Must read if you want to understand why marriage in the Church resembles the world instead of Scripture. 200pgs. Extensive bibliography.
- In 78 short pages, Stivers clearly and concisely make the case for re-examining what the Bible actually says about the family unit and how proper implementation will return God’s people to Biblical truth, power and blessing. In a closing chapter he shares an essay that shows the conceptual connection between monogamy, feminism and witchcraft. Terrific introductory book.
- From Amazon: “Western societies have been subjected to institutional indoctrination leading us to believe that anyone who dares to love more than one person at a time is doing something evil. Could this all be a lie? Why do men cheat? Maybe it is because they are fighting their very nature with every passing day. Are men morally weak or are they incredibly strong in attempts to overcome the way they are designed by Nature and Nature’s God? The Bible proves, beyond any doubt, that God never meant for men to be limited to only one wife. The Bible contains 36 named polygynists. But the real shocker is that Bible actually contains words where God declares himself a polygynist as does Jesus.” Kindle book that is a comprehensive though abbreviated look at every example from Scripture as well as solid assertions and conclusions.
- Heiligenthal does an amazing job of exposing the untold damage Western Christian missionaries have done to African culture by enforcing monogamy as the Biblical standard when Scripture never does. Poverty, prostitution and orphans are the result of the Western monogamy-only policy that has been enforced. Heartbreaking read that supports the conclusions of Pilkington’s Great Omission, listed above. 79pgs.
- The largest and most detailed book in this list, this is a compilation of a series of articles Shipley wrote over several years. Each article is a short read that is heavy on meat and light on fluff. He begins by demonstrating from Scripture the proper roles and relationships between man and woman according to Scripture. He then invests many pages on a detailed look and commentary on every example God provides for us of a plural marriage. The book wraps up with a number of appendices directly addressing multiple theologians and their errors regarding Scriptural interpretation on the subject matter. Solid body of work! 260+ pgs. Must have in any library for multiple reasons!
- This is Volume 1 of 3 volumes. In 1780, the most famous clergyman in the world (Martin Madan) published a book which shook the Christian world. In the book he discussed polygamy and monogamy in great detail and defended polygamy. This is the first volume of that book. It contains one of the most comprehensive discussions of polygamy you will ever read. Because of the publication of this book, the so called men of God in seminaries have erased Martin Madan from their accounts of the great evangelists, philanthropists, and composers of the Eighteenth Century. You may now read what has been censored for the last 228 years. This book covers the subjects of Marriage, Adultery, Whoredom, Polygamy, Fornication, Divorce
- Written as a fictional novel that weaves one fact from history after another into the story-line, this well footnoted tale is a nicely researched resource that exposes Christianity’s intentional masking of the truths in Scripture concerning marriage. Did you know that modern hymnbooks and many tunes contained therein came from Martin Madan, contemporary and close friend of Charles Wesley? Want to know why history erased this great preacher from history as if he never existed? Or maybe you are curious why Wesley’s grandson, Samuel Sebastian Wesley, author of The Church’s One Foundation Is Jesus Christ Her Lord, is oft remembered but his polygamist father, Samuel Wesley, is never mentioned? Or, the fact that Samuel Sebastian was born to Sarah Suter, his father’s second wife? Or maybe you have never heard of the great Italian Preacher, Bernardino Ochino of Sienna? Might it be because he dared to write a book about polygyny and he and his family were exiled into the cold in Germany where he died and his name was subsequently erased from history? 334 pgs with hundreds of footnotes, many leading to historical facts you’ve never dared to be exposed to… Truth is dangerous stuff!
- Online blog and forum for Christian and Hebrew roots believers who share a common understanding from God’s Word regarding the roles and purposes of man and woman. Further the forum is a terrific place for support and question asking/answering as regards Scripture and marriage. Many, many verses and related topics are studied and discussed in depth as well as frank and honest testimonies from people who the Father has led to Biblical truth concerning marriage and how the family is supposed to function. While a major focus of the forum is plural marriage, that is not the only topic. It is, after all, titled Biblical Families.
- Interesting blog I have recently encountered that explores many topics related to Biblical Marriage. I recommend perusing the ‘Categories’ list. I do not agree with the author’s stance on the Tanak/Old Testament as having limited value, but he does come to many correct conclusions on Biblical Gender Roles. So, chew the meat and spit out the bones…
I want to be clear on a couple matters:
- We must accept Biblical truth when presented, whether we like it or not.
- We may choose not to exercise the options God allows in His Word concerning Biblical marriage, however,
- We must accept as brothers and sisters those who choose differently than we do as long as they stay within the boundaries GOD has set, not our traditional or personally comfortable boundaries.
I pray you take the time to read the many resources presented and wrestle with the truth. May Abba guide and strengthen you as you begin a deeper journey into His Word and His Ways.
The second part of a nine-part video series by former Moody Bible professor, Dr. William Luck. The whole series is excellent in balance and truth. Highly, highly recommended.
The History and Philosophy of Marriage by James Campbell, 1869