Have you ever pondered what God considers to be money? Ever wondered what the medium of exchange will be in the millennial Kingdom?
The answer seems obvious and even easy, gold and silver!! But, why?
From Creation, gold has had intrinsic value. It is first mentioned in Genesis 2:11-12. Throughout Scripture it is a medium of exchange and store of wealth.
Silver, also used in the same manner, is the less valuable of the two because God created about 16x as much as gold in the earth.
Until 1964, the American dollar was backed by gold. And, until that time, the dollar was a very stable currency. Most other currencies in the world have at one time or another been based on gold and silver, and those various currencies almost invariably were devalued once decoupled from the hard asset or gold.
Inflation has been a constant companion of the dollar since we left the gold standard, but the specter of hyperinflation has begun to rear its head in the last few years in the wake of excessive printing of paper dollars.
God’s Word clearly says that He hates unjust weights and measures. See Lev. 19:36; Deut. 25:13-16; Pro. 16:11-12; 20:10, 23. He even calls them an abomination. A Dollar (or any other currency) that is founded not on the solid unchanging footing of gold or silver, but instead on a carefully manipulated value that is slowly eroded by inflation is, by definition, an unequal weight and balance.
God’s system will not be so. The Kingdom, and restored kol Israel will use His money. (Hag.2:8..’All the gold and silver are Mine’…)
So, let me share a few random thoughts worth pondering as the times get more interesting…
[This is not and should not be construed as financial advice. I’m just sharing thoughts!!]
- Both gold and silver are extremely UNDERvalued and are essentially on sale at today’s prices.
- Silver should be in a 1:16 price relationship with gold, but in actuality is closer to 1:70+ That makes silver a HUGE bargain!
- In a grid-down or economic shutdown, gold and silver will come roaring back and soar in value as a medium of exchange.
- As a personal store of assets that can be acquired in small increments, silver is hard to beat. Don’t buy paper or ETFs, get the hard asset and find a safe place to store it where you can get it if/when you need it. (Safe deposit boxes are not safe… FYI!)
- Silver is thrown away everyday putting additional pressure on a very tight supply line. Silver solder and silver connections in nearly every electronic device, used surgical tools that are silver plated, nano silver in clothing, bandages, medical supplies, etc, are all unrecoverable forms of silver that are simply destroyed. This means less silver equals more value per ounce. (Silver has so many unique properties that technology cannot grow, develop, etc, without silver which is under increasing pressure.)
- Silver is antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial!! Buy some silver forks and use them daily for the health benefit. Double win!
- Israelites left Egypt with gold and silver…. selah…
- For transportability, if you have a significant amount of wealth, gold is the better bet. (eg. $2500 = 1 oz of gold or 70 ozs of silver +/-… )
- For investment, my best guess is that silver is the much better play. If/when it decouples from paper silver on the metals exchange, it will easily close on 1/16th the value of gold, though I expect it mat rocket to or past 1:1 for the short term before settling back to 1:9ish (guess based on scarcity and amount destroyed over the last 6 decades.)
Again, this is not financial advice, this is Pete musing about the importance of gold and silver in the Kingdom and in the development of the Kingdom and the instability of the debased Dollar… Do with this information what you wish.
Finally, if you would like to begin collecting a little bit of jingle, consider LawfulMoney.com as one source. I love their 1 oz. rounds with the Scripture on it and a reminder that this nation is supposed to be tied to gold and silver… I receive no benefit, simply sharing a resource.