Rumors abound regarding a possible national lockdown coming… Certainly, many states have already shuttered all non-essential businesses and activities in order to increase social distancing. While I do believe that may be necessary at this juncture to slow the spread of a rather virulent bug, the longer term implications are of some concern, but I digress.
If you are already working from home or are shortly required to quarantine in place, now might be a GREAT time to focus on some areas that are often neglected!! We are being given a gift!! a window of time that we can utilize for great personal and Kingdom benefit.
Here are a few ideas for things to do. Add additional ideas to the comments for others!
- Spend more time daily in prayer!
- Spend extra time studying the Biblical topics you may have wanted to study, but have not had time.
- Have family devotions.
- Workout! (Remember my ‘Fitness is a three legged stool’ article? The three legs are spiritual, mental AND physical…)
- Start a garden!
- Can some veges! (If you can get to a local farmer’s market or similar, maybe you can bulk buy fruits and veges.)
- Read up on Pesach and how to observe… Pre-clean for Passover.
- Teach a skill to your children.
- Go for a long hike or two.
The major point is: Don’t waste the time you are given by sleeping in, drinking, watching stupid pet videos and exchanging memes. Take advantage of the great lockdown!!
Blessings in Yeshua!