God knows, we need rest. In fact, He commands rest. What is odd is that man largely rejects His rest, then needs to create days of rest.
Consider how much rest (and feasting/bbq-ing) He commands:
– 52 Sabbaths of no work
– 2 one week Feasts of limited or no work
– 6 additional feast days, most with no work
– 12-13 New Moon Feasts of limited work
– Every seventh year, rest the land
– Every 50th year rest the land and go debt-free…
And, I’m probably forgetting something.
Why would anyone trade all that for a different schedule that then needs a Labor Day? Doesn’t sound like bondage to me…
Pffffttt. Who needs Labor Day?