Excellent article on HRM in Jewish Magazine: Tablet **Update!

Here is a VERY interesting and well done article Courtney forwarded to me.  If you are familiar with the growing Hebrew Roots movement (HRM), you will be blessed.  If you are not familiar, this is a terrific introduction through the eyes of a Jewish magazine.  The comments are interesting, as well!

For Some Believers Trying To Connect With Jesus, the Answer Is To Live Like a Jew

The Torah-observant gentiles of the Hebrew Roots movement get circumcised, lay tefillin, and grow peyos

rico_cortes_012814_620pxYou will be blessed by this terrific article.  Following is a link to an article by Judah Gabriel Himango about this article.  Also, very good!!  Indeed, Our Father is ‘on the move’ among His people, both Jew and Gentile!!  VERY exciting days to be alive!  It is the preparation for the restoration of all things!!

Hebrew Roots appears in Tablet Magazine’s Jewish Life & Religion, and what God is doing in Christianity and Judaism

Shalom!

About Pete Rambo

Details in 'About' page @ natsab.wordpress.com Basically, husband of one, father of four. Pastor x 11 years, former business and military background. Micro-farmer. Messianic believer in Yeshua haMashiach!
This entry was posted in Guest Post and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Excellent article on HRM in Jewish Magazine: Tablet **Update!

1. Pingback: Excellent article on HRM in Jewish Magazine: Tablet | Davar Chaim

2. Connie E says:

WOW!WOW!WOW! What encouragement!!!

3. I enjoyed this article, but find myself somewhat concerned about how the folks were celebrating at that conference. We are not Jews, and a lot of the things referred to come straight out of Rabbinical Judaism.

• Pete Rambo says:

I think Rico said it best, ‘It’s the wild, wild west, out there.’

The article did a good job of expressing the diversity in the movement, while I think an article to Jews, by a Jew will appreciate the love we have for their culture. JG Himango addresses some of the negatives, but agrees that the HRM is a move of the Father that has much diversity, but also is in its infancy, therefore, He’ll tune this as we go… Just glad to see at least some among brother Judah having a positive view of the developments.

• Yeah, you are right I tend to worry too much about identity politics and such. It is good to see a positive article.

• Shannon Schmelzle says:

I also worry a lot about identity. It’s just a bit frustrating to try and explain to people, “I am not a Judiazer, I am not trying to be a Jew.” While over there all these guys I identify myself with are doing a bunch of orthodox jewish stuff.

And also at the very beginning of this walk I really couldn’t understand how someone could come to know the truth and then deny messiah and trade it in for judaism. But I think I can see it now. They become so enamored with all the jewish stuff that they lose their way into another religious system.

What I found most disturbing was in the comments though. Someone, I assume a Rabbi, was talking about how he is seeing more and more people use the Hebrew Roots movement as just a stepping stone to Judiasm. I’d heard of some of this from out side of the fence, but it really bothered me to see it from the other. I guess because to us it is a loss, but to him it is big wins. Anyway kinda bummed me out a little.

But on the bright side I will agree about the reviewer being pretty positive. That was nice. Especially since the last jew I saw talk about the Hebrew Roots movement said that gentiles wearing tzit tzit was the same as him wearing black face in Harlem to him. He was very offended by the whole thing.

4. Connie E says:

Amein to that.

• Connie E says:

My Amein reply was to Hisloammi. I am encouraged after the negative things I’ve seen and heard on the net. I thought this article was good from their aspect.

5. bornfromabovenotofthisworld says:

Reblogged this on Born From Above.

Please Share Your Thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s