I’m going to put up 10 questions and then the answers at the very end. DO NOT scroll to the bottom unless you want the answers. Try to answer first, then scroll. Leave a comment on how you did and what surprised you…
The topic for this quiz is: The Millennium.
1. What holidays will be observed in the Millennium?
2. What day of worship will be observed in the Millennium?
3. Will the Levitical dietary laws be enforced in the Millennium?
4. Will there be unbelievers on the earth in the Millennium?
5. Who will be the High Priest in the Millennium?
6. How long will normal life spans be?
7. What will Yeshua teach?
8. Will the Millennial Temple have blood sacrifices?
9. Is an annual pilgrimage required of anyone? If so, of whom and where?
10. Where will Messiah rule from, what is the basis of His rule and who helps?
1. The feasts of Yahweh will be observed in the Millennium. Not only will they be the feasts celebrated, but it will be mandatory.
Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 17 And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. 18 If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the Lord smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
(Is. 66:23; Zech 14:16-19) See also the several times in Leviticus 23 that Yahweh says not only that ‘these are Feasts of the Lord’ (not ‘Jewish feasts’) but that they will be kept ‘forever’ or ‘throughout your generations.’
2. The Sabbath, the seventh day, will be the day of worship. Always has been. Always will be.
“And it shall be from new moon to new moon
And from sabbath to sabbath,
All mankind will come to bow down before Me,” says the Lord.
and… So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.’ 17 It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed.”
and… “Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘Yahweh’s appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations—My appointed times are these:
3 ‘For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to Yahweh in all your dwellings.
4 ‘These are the appointed times of Yahweh, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at the times appointed for them. 5 In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month….
3. Isaiah 66 reveals some details of the Millennium as well as details of what Yahweh executes judgment against at the beginning of the Millennium… Eating ‘swine’s flesh and other detestable things’ is on the list identifying who will be judged!!
Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the gardens,
Following one in the center,
Who eat swine’s flesh, detestable things and mice,
Will come to an end altogether,” declares the Lord. (Is. 66:17)
See Leviticus 11 for the complete list. Or, read my son’s paper that covers the scriptures, rebuttals to twisted false interpretations of NT passages as well as scientific information on the health benefits of being obedient.
4. Multiple Scriptures support this, but since we have already used the Zechariah 14:16 passage, scroll back and notice that there are penalties because apparently, even with Messiah here, reigning over the earth from Zion, there will be those who do not listen and abide by His Torah. (Zech 14:16)
5. Indeed, this IS an interesting question. Christendom typically teaches… ‘Not so fast, my friend…’ Yeshua may be the High Priest at that point, but Scripture seems to indicate as well that He is not qualified to be the High Priest on earth as long as the Levitical system is still in place. Ezekiel 44:15 says,
“But the Levitical priests, the sons of Zadok, who kept charge of My sanctuary when the sons of Israel went astray from Me, shall come near to Me to minister to Me; and they shall stand before Me to offer Me the fat and the blood,” declares the Lord God.
and Is. 66:21, referring to the Millennial reign, says, “I will also take some of them for priests and for Levites,” says the Lord.”
and Hebrews 8:4, speaking of Yeshua, says, “Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law;…”
So, it would appear that while He stands before Yahweh in Heaven, it is entirely possible that He is not the High Priest on earth until the New Heaven and New Earth… That is an entirely different topic as ‘Heaven and Earth will have passed away’ and therefore, there may be significant changes in the Law and our relation to it and Yahweh, having been confirmed in righteousness… So, long answer shortened: For me, the jury is out. I lean toward a righteous priesthood offering the sacrifices according to the Law, under the supervision of Yeshua…. More study needed. 😮 !
6. Life spans, for those not already raised in immortality, will be hundreds of years long.
“I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people;
And there will no longer be heard in her
The voice of weeping and the sound of crying.
20 “No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days,
Or an old man who does not live out his days;
For the youth will die at the age of one hundred
And the one who does not reach the age of one hundred
Will be thought accursed.
21 “They will build houses and inhabit them;
They will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 “They will not build and another inhabit,
They will not plant and another eat;
For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people, And My chosen ones will wear out the work of their hands. 23 “They will not labor in vain,
Or bear children for calamity;
For they are the offspring of those blessed by the Lord,
And their descendants with them. (Isaiah 65:19-23)
7. Yeshua will teach Torah. Dozens of verses speak of the ‘Law going forth from Mount Zion.’ Here is one example:
And it will come about in the last days
That the mountain of the house of the Lord
Will be established as the chief of the mountains.
It will be raised above the hills,
And the peoples will stream to it.
2 Many nations will come and say,
“Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord
And to the house of the God of Jacob,
That He may teach us about His ways
And that we may walk in His paths.”
For from Zion will go forth the law,
Even the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
3 And He will judge between many peoples
And render decisions for mighty, distant nations.
Then they will hammer their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
And never again will they train for war. (Micah 4:1-3)
8. This is one that will mess with most every church doctrine I know… But, Scripture is the final authority. Church doctrines and traditions are NOT. Bottom line, yes, there will be sacrifices in the Millennium.
Before hitting the red X and bailing on this quiz because you find this shocking, let’s look at Scripture:
- Paul offered sacrifices in the temple long after the Damascus road. See Acts 21:21-26 in context as well as Acts 24:17 and Hebrews 8:4.
- Ezekiel 40-48 detail the future Temple, land division and sacrifices. Ezekiel 44:15 is one of several VERY specific verses.
Simply, Yeshua was the perfect atoning sacrifice, but His sacrifice did not fulfill or replace many other types of sacrifices in the original Levitical system. For me, I do not understand it fully, so He will have to return and teach it rightly, but I am a willing student who no longer holds my church doctrine over clear teaching of Scripture.
9. Yes!! In Torah, all males were required to present themselves before Yahweh in Jerusalem three times a year. Referring to the Millennium, Zechariah seems to indicate just once, though all of Torah may be binding. Also, the Zechariah passage indicates all ‘nations’ (Gentiles) are required, therefore, the requirement for non-believers (context indicates these are non-believers, not grafted in members of Israel) may be a little different than that of the Sons of Israel.
10. Having read answers to this point, you likely have this one figured out. Messiah will rule from Zion, also known as Jerusalem. Multiple passages point to that city as the seat of Messiah as well as the place Yahweh has set His name forever. He will re-establish HIS people, the House of Israel and the house of Judah in the land abiding by Torah forever.
Say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.
24 “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25 They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever. 27 My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28 And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”Ez. 37:15-28 See also Ez. 43:5-7; Zech 2:10-12; 8:1-8
I hope these questions have challenged you to dig deeper and grasp a greater understanding of the truth in Scripture and how Torah and Messiah relate.